Thursday, April 19, 2012

Overlapping views crossing boundaries (Fake actionbar)

I am trying to create a custom title bar strictly for Android 2.1 that somewhat emulates the ActionBar found in Android 3.0 and up.



So far I've had fairly decent luck, but I cannot find an easy way to make the drop-down lists that can appear below the icon / buttons in the ActionBar.



I would like these drop-down lists to be able to cross the boundary between the title layout and the content layout without being clipped / cut off. I would also like the drop-down lists to be positioned relatively below the icons / buttons in the ActionBar. I've seen advice to use FrameLayouts and RelativeLayouts already but these did not seem to solve my particular problem (unless I'm looking at it wrong). I keep thinking it must be possible since I believe the newer versions of Android have support for exactly this type of behavior.



Here is a screenshot of what I am trying to accomplish with some notes.
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/3279/67343249.png



Please help. Thanks!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment