Thursday, April 19, 2012

Add newly created specific folder to .gitignore in Git

I had a clean working directory and brought in a clone from a Git repo last night.
But now my local server created and contains a stats folder which I want to ignore.



I can't seem to get Git to ignore this folder when I run a git status.



On branch master
Your branch is ahead of 'origin/master' by 1 commit.

Changes to be committed:
(use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)

new file: app_public/views/pages/privacy.php
new file: app_public/views/pages/terms.php
new file: public_html/stats/ctry_usage_200908.png
new file: public_html/stats/daily_usage_200908.png
new file: public_html/stats/dns_cache.db
new file: public_html/stats/hourly_usage_200908.png
new file: public_html/stats/index.html
new file: public_html/stats/usage.png
new file: public_html/stats/usage_200908.html
new file: public_html/stats/webalizer.current
new file: public_html/stats/webalizer.hist

Changed but not updated:
modified: .gitignore


I added in my .gitignore a few different lines but it still trying to add them:



public_html/stats
public_html/stats/**
public_html/stats/**/*
public_html/stats/*




No comments:

Post a Comment