Monday, May 21, 2012

Sending an array from websocket to clients

I'm having an issue sending an array from the backend js to the client side.



I've tried the following on the server side:



for (var i=0; i < clients.length; i++) {
clients[i].send(clients);
}





for (var i=0; i < clients.length; i++) {
clients[i].send(JSON.stringify(clients));
}



  • also using json.stringify on the client side aswell






for (var i=0; i < clients.length; i++) {
clients[i].send(clients.join('\n')));
}



  • again I've tried this method on the client side aswell.






Unfortunately, none of the above solutions worked, The JSON.stringify method obviously didn't work on the serverside due to JSON.stringify being a browser method however the other methods returned either [object Object] or "[object Object]"



How can I send the array clients to client side, or even if I can encode it into JSON and then send it over and parse it on the client side.



Really all I need is to send the contents over to the client side, but I have no clue how to do so haha



Any ideas are appreciated :)





No comments:

Post a Comment