Monday, April 23, 2012

RavenDB disk storage

I have a requirement to keep the RavenDB database running when the disk for main database and index storage is full. I know I can configure provide a drive for storage with config option - Raven/IndexStoragePath



But I need to design for the corner case of when the this disk is full. What is the usual pattern used in this situation. One way is to halt all access while shutting the service down and updating the config file programatically and then start the service - but it is a bit risky.



I am aware of sharding and this question is not related to that , assume that sharding is enables and I have multiple shards and I want to increase storage for each shard by adding a new drive to each. Is there an elegant solution to this?





No comments:

Post a Comment